|For Marrow balls: Vegetable marrow (Medium Sized)||½|
|Finely cut onions||2 Tbl.sp|
|Ginger chilli paste||1 tsp.|
|Powdered salt||1 tsp|
|Maida (or just required to hold)||½ cup|
|V.V.S. Gingelly Oil
||to deep fry|
|For Manchurain sauce:|
|Finely cut onions||1/2cup|
|Corn flour||1 ½ Tbl.sp|
|Soya sauce||1 ½ Tbl.Sps.|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 ½ tsp|
|White pepper powder||½ tsp|
|Tomato paste: Grind to smooth paste with little water||¾ cup|
|For garnishing Finely cut spring onion||1 Tblsp|
- Peel outer skin from marrow and grate it using large eyed grater.
- Squeeze out excess moisture and mix onions, ginger chilli paste, salt, aji-no-moto and sprinkle just enough maida to that.
- Prepare small lemon sized balls and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar in that and allow to caramelize.
- When it turns golden, add onions and then sprinkle aji-no-moto.
- Fry in high flame for few minutes.
- Add ground paste and stir well.
- Pour tomato paste in that and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, sauces, corn flour (which is mixed with 1 ½ cups water) to that.
- Stir till it becomes like a thick sauce.
- Add deep fried balls and cook for a minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with spring onion tops.