|Soya chunks||1 ½ cups (nuggets)|
|Fresh thick curds||2 cups|
|Chopped curry leaves & Coriander leaves||1 ½ Tbl.tsp|
|Dhania powder||1 ½ tsp, salt as required|
|Garam masala powder||¾ tsp|
|VVS Gingelly Oil
|Red chilli powder||1 ½ tsp|
|Grind together: Fry in little Oil|
|Small Onions (peeled)||½ cup, garlic 8 flakes|
|Dry roast: Cashewnuts||15|
|Dry coconut||2 Tbl.sp.|
- Heat 6 cups of water in large vassel.
- When it starts boiling, add soya chunks and remove from fire. Keep closed for 10 minutes.
- Strain water squeeze chunks and repeat the same process (step 1 to 3) once again. (This process will remove the smell of soya chunks)
- Fry onions, garlic in oil. Dry roast cashews and dry coconut. Grind all of them together to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.
- When oil becomes hot, add aniseed, curry leaves and then ground paste.
- Stir till oil separates from the ground paste.
- Sprinkle dhania powder, chilli powder, salt, sugar and garam masala powder.
- Fry for another one minute and then pour whipped curds.
- Cook till oil floats on top.
- Add chunks with enough water and cook till gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with chapthis.