- Cook rice and allow it to cool thoroughly.
- Separate the grains and mix half a tea spoon of ghee to that.
- Peel garlic and slice into thin round pieces. Pound pepper and cumin
- Heat oil add garlic pieces and fry till light bown. Add broken preserved
chillies and fry till it becomes black (can be roasted separately)
- Add pepper cumin powder and fry in ghee for another two minutes.
- Pour over rice, add salt, mix well and serve.
- Preserved chillies (more milagai in tamil.)
Gingelli oil can be used for salads which helps to retain the crispness of the vegetables