Millet Flour Onion Pakoda
- Wash and slice big onions thinly.Wash and chop ginger,green chillies,mint,curry leaves,coriander leaves & set aside.
- In a wide bowl,take all the ingredients except cooking oil and ghee.Mix all the ingredients well without adding water.Onions will leave water while u mix.So mix everything together.
- Heat oil to deep fry.Take a tbsp of hot oil and add to the flour.Add ghee.Mix well.Then sprinkle few drops of water and make a dough.
- Put a drop of batter & check the heat of oil.If the batter comes up immediately,oil is ready.Reduce the flame to medium high & pinch in a portion of batter and drop in the oil in a sprinkled manner. Cook till onions turn golden brown.Remove in a tissue and enjoy eating hot with tea !
- Gram flour is used for binding and rice flour for crispiness.
- You can follow the above recipe and make pakodas with kambu maavu or thinai too.
- Hot oil is added to give crispy pakoda.Don’t skip it.Ghee is for softness.
- Dry roast dhals separately until golden brown in colour.
- Soak them together in water for one hour.
- Grind to a coarse paste.
- Mix little water, Kesar colour, salt, Gingelli Oil and half of the ghee with that paste.
- Stir fry in Kadai in medium flame until mixture turns glossy and cooked properly.
- Pour enough water on grated jaggery and heat in a broad kadai.
- Strain through a fine mesh filter when it is dissolved completely.
- Wash the vessel and pour it back in that same kadai.
- Boil until soft ball consistency is reached.
- Add the fried dhal dough, cardamom powder and stir until mixture turns dry.
- Fry Cashewnuts in ghee and add it at the end.