|Bengal gram flour||1 Cup|
|Cooking soda||a pinch|
|Finely cut Onions||¼ cup|
|Finely cut curryleaves||little|
|Finely cut cashewnuts||1 Tbl. Sp|
|Green chillies||2 (cut finely)|
|Finely cut ginger||1 tsp (optional)|
|Red Chilli Powder||½ tsp.|
|V.V.S. Gingelli Oil||To deep fry|
- Rub ghee with a pinch of soda on a flat plate until frothy.
- Mix both the flours with that evenly.
- Add salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Mix finely cut onions, green chillies, ginger, curryleaves, cashewnuts with that.
- Sprinkle very little water until it holds. (Like bondas batter)
- Prepare balls and deep fry in hot oil until crisp.
Whenever gingelli oil is used for deep frying, first put little tamarind in the hot oil, allow to become dark and then remove from oil. Use this oil for deep frying. ( This process prevents the foaming of oil.)