|Lemon (sqeeze and strain the juice)||25|
|Red chilli powder||1 ½ cups(250gms)|
|Powdered salt||1 cup (heaped) (250gms)|
|Mustard powder||½ cup|
|Fenugreek powder||2 Tbl.sp.|
|Asafoctida powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
- Wash potatoes, wipe, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Add 250 ml of pre heated oil with the potatoes, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix chilli powder, salt, mustard powder, together in a plate.
- Sprinkle this on top of potatoes and mix well.
- Heat rest of the oil, add mustard seeds, allow to crackle and switch off the stove.
- Add peeled garlic, asafoetida, turmeric, garam masala in that oil and pour over the potato pieces.
- Sqeeze lemon juice and mix with the pickle.
- Keep the pickle in the sun for 2 hours daily for one week.
- Use after 15 days.