|Sathu Maavu (Health Mix Powder)||1 cup|
|Palm Jaggery(Karupatti)||1/3 cup|
|Cardamom powder||a tiny pinch|
- Dry roast sathu maavu for 8-10 mins until nice aroma comes and color slightly changes,Set aside.Scrape palm jaggery.
- Measure palm jaggery and take it in a pan, add very little water say 2 tbsp just for the jaggery to immerse well.
- Heat it up, when it starts to get thick switch off.Strain to impurities.See the consistency should be thick slightly thinner than honey.Cool down the syrup.
- Take roasted flour in a mixing bowl, add the palm jaggery syrup.
- Mix well with a laddle.Heat ghee and add it.
- Now mix well and let it rest until its warm enough for you to handle with your hands.Then shape them into laddos.
Store in an airtight container and enjoy your ladoos.
- While roasting sathu maavu powder take care not to burn it…keep stirring continuosly.
- Add ghee little by little and mix well, this way you can control the amount of ghee too.
- If you want more ghee flavour in your ladoos then add 1/4 cup.But 2 tbsp is just to shape the ladoos.
- You can replace palm jaggery with normal jaggery too.
- Heating up ghee and adding is to shape the ladoos easily and it holds its shape well.But mix well with spatula and then handle with your hands only when its warm.
- It keep well for more than a week.
- The color of the ladoo purely depends on the color of health mix powder.I used homemade health mix powder, you can use store bought powder too.
- I had cardamom powder already in the health mix so didn’t add it while making ladoos.