|Raw rice||½ Cup|
|Urad dhal||½ Cup|
|Grated jaggery||2 Cups|
|V.V.S. Gingelli Oil||2Tbl. Sps.|
- Dry roast urad lightly, mix it with rice and powder it in a mill.
- Sift and then measure the flour.
- Pour measured water with jaggery and heat until it dissolves completely.
- Strain the jaggery solution, wash the vessel and pour it back in that vessel.
- Add gingelli oil in it and heat again.
- When it starts boiling pour the flour as a heap in the center, reduce the flame completely, insert a ladle in it and close with a lid.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes in completely reduced flame.
- Take out from fire and mix it quickly without forming lumps.
- Allow to cool lightly add ghee, mix well, prepare medium sized balls and serve.
Note: In south India girls when they attain puberty for strengthening uterus this kali is given, everyday for few days. For the same reason immediately when they attain puberty a small cup of gingelli oil is given to them to drink. (The Combination of jaggery, urad and gingelli oil gives good quality protein, Iron which helps to strengthen uterus.)